Saturday, September 25, 2010

Organize ME!


traditional home office white cottage office organization



modern entry by Dufner Heighes Inc

I crave organization. I love organizational paraphernalia like filing cabinets, file folders, drawer dividers, dry erase calendars, pencil organizers, silverware dividers, bauble pockets that hang on the back of the door, anything that will keep my stuff in it's own little compartment and promise me that my my days will run smoothly because of it. I honestly believe that when you know where your stuff is and you can reference it easily, hours in your day seamlessly open up and allow one get more done or have more time to relax, either way it's a win/win. So then why, I ask, if simplifying our days buy streamlining our daily lives while using beautiful organizational paraphernalia, training the family to put a "system" to use, continuous up keep and maintenance of the "system" takes so much time and energy, is it really beneficial to be super organized? I can only answer that it is better than the alternative of living in chaos and disorganization.

I have begun an experiment, to streamline my daily life and see if it really does improve our quality of living, help me to be more punctual, my self and my home more presentable, and give me more free time to do,well, whatever else I WANT to do and not spend so much unproductive time putting out fires, so to speak. Now lets be clear, I am not a slob and I am already relatively organized but I struggle in the ever changing lives of my family and myself i.e. growing kids, changing needs even the changing of the seasons. So please feel free to join me in my quest to become a more organized individual, share your comments and suggestions and I will do my best to share the changes that I make in my home and how they benefit my family and myself and our quality of life. Here are some of my inspirations...


contemporary home office by Amoroso Design

eclectic closet dominomag- closet

contemporary laundry room Laundry

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know someone else loves organization as much as I do!!! Good luck Kelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rock star, period, the end.

    Organizational things make my heart skip a beat, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo - hoo, Kelly! Nice! <3

    ReplyDelete